Eat Right to Improve Your Sight
We only get one pair of eyes, so it’s important to take good care of them. What you eat can affect your vision as you age. Supplement your diet with Vitamin C, antioxidants, zinc, beta-carotene, and vitamin E to reduce the risk of developing serious Age-Related Eye Disease. Try out this Spinach Salad recipe – it’s a family favorite from a Gailey Eye Clinic employee with homemade dressing! Spinach and tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants and tomatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- Add spinach, mushrooms, cheese and tomatoes to a serving bowl.
- Dice onion. Mix all dressing ingredients together. Stir well.
- Add dressing to the salad just before serving. Toss well.