Cleaning and Avoiding Foggy Glasses this Winter
Cold weather is upon us. For those who wear glasses, nothing is more frustrating than having your eyeglasses fog up when you come in from the cold. Aside from the frustrations, foggy glasses are also potentially dangerous for those who work in jobs that require clear vision at all times. Here are a few solutions to help stay fog-free this winter:
- Talk to one of our opticians about selecting the right pair of eyeglass frames. When choosing frames, pick a style that allows for more air circulation by not sitting too close to your face.
- Consider purchasing Crizal® lenses, which reduce glare and repel water!
- Spray your lenses with lens cleaner and dry them with a lint-free microfiber cloth.
- What NOT to do:
- Don’t use your saliva to wet your lenses.
- Don’t use your shirt, paper towels, or other cloths to clean your glasses. This can scratch your lenses.
- Don’t use household cleaners or toothpaste to clean your lenses. This will damage your lenses and coatings!
Essilor of America, Inc. 2016. essilorusa.com.
VINT & YORK. 27 October 2015. Vintandyork.com.