Important Information – Please Read Carefully!
The surgery center will call you the day before your scheduled surgery with an arrival time. Please follow the instructions listed below before your surgery:
Before Your Surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) eight hours before surgery.
- You may brush your teeth on the day of surgery.
- Bring a current list of medications with you. Please include the dosage and how often you take the medication. Give the list to the receptionist.
- We recommend that you stop any blood thinning medications two weeks before surgery. (Coumadin should be stopped 3 days prior to your surgery.) There are many blood thinners such as: Aspirin, Fish Oil, Glucosamine and Vitamin E. Please check with your primary care physician or cardiologist before you stop taking any of these prescribed medications. If your primary care physician or cardiologist does not agree, please let us know.
On Surgery Day
- Do not wear any makeup (mascara, eye shadow, lip gloss, etc)
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Leave all jewelry and other valuable items at home.
- You are advised to dress comfortably. It is recommended that you wear a shirt/blouse with buttons down the front.
- If you are presently taking medication for blood pressure or a heart or lung condition, you may take your scheduled dose with a small sip of water the morning of your surgery. If you use insulin or an inhaler, bring these items to the surgery center on the day of your scheduled surgery.
- If you are using any eye care medication, please continue your normal routine of administering your medication before and after surgery. If you have a patch, please wait until patch is removed to begin your drops.
After Your Surgery
- Please arrange for a responsible adult to transport you to and from surgery. The person may stay in the family reception area during surgery.